0482-2273417
bhmaruvithura@yahoo.co.in

St. Ann's F.C.Convent, Chemmalamattom



Place : Chemmalamattom
Established Year: 1949
Address: Chemmalamattom P. O Kottayam (Dt)
Pin: 686529
Phone: 04828 325367
Description

As it was found difficult to provide enough salary to the lay teachers, the Vicar  Rev. Fr. Mathew Kizhakkekkara wanted the service of sisters in his school. So the parishioner Mr. Kuruvila Joseph Kallangatt (Kuruvachan) rose to the need of the occasion and gifted 4 acres of land as a souvenir  of love to his daughter Sr. Mary Anitt a member of the Lalam convent and all the financial assistance to build a convent in Chemmalamattam. Getting permission from the  Bishop Mar James Kalacherry the construction was started.
The Convent was inaugurated on 26th May 1949.