- About Us
- Contact Us
- St. Alphonsa
|Established Year||: 1947|
|Address||: Koottickal P. O Kottayam (Dt)|
Rev. Fr. Joseph Vattackatt Vicar of Koottickal church wanted a convent to be started at Koottickal and got permission and encouragement from Bishop Mar James Kalacherry for the same. Accordingly, he approached the Bharananganam Clarist sisters with this intention. Hence Mrs. Mariamma Kurian Pottamkulam sister of Sr. Susanna of Bharananganam convent presented a building and 3 acres of land for the purpose and thus the dream of starting a convent came true at Koottickal on 27th April 1947.