- About Us
- Contact Us
- St. Alphonsa
|Established Year||: 1910|
|Address||: Bharanaganam P. O Kottayam (Dt)|
|Phone||: 04822 236264, 236172|
Almighty in His farsightedness had seen the Passion Flower St. Alphonsa and so He wanted His beloved to live in His Sacred Heart convent at Bharananganam which was later to become the Lisieux of India. So providentially this convent was constructed at Bharananganam on 27th October 1910. Rev. Fr. Chandy Kattarath, Sr. Mariam Thresia Nadacka vayalil and Sr. Margareetha Kochambazhathinkal took the leadership of the construction. A primary School was started in 1924. Rev. Fr. Francis Vadakkel started an English Medium School for the Girls in 1930 and handed it over to the Clarist sisters that year itself. Today the management of this school is done meticulously by the Bharananganam convent.