0482-2273417
bhmaruvithura@yahoo.co.in

St. Peter's F.C.Novitiate House, Vimalagiri



Place : Vimalagiri
Established Year: 1955
Address: Vimalagiri Ramapuram Bazar P. O Kottayam (Dt)
Pin: 686576
Phone: 04822 260214
Description

Rev. Fr. Peter Valavanatt (Kothambanani) of Ramapuram parish donated 12 acres of  his land to his niece Sr. Augustina of Pala Lalam province to build a Novitiate house for the Clarist Congregation in the Pala diocese. It is here that the Vimalagiri Novitiate House situates now. Rev. Fr. Peter had donated his land with the building and  all its furniture to the congregation. The venerable priest died  on 19th May in the year 1955. The Novitiate House is named after the priest in honour of him.
Sisters started living in the existing building  from 29th June 1955 onwards.
Religious Formation was started on 28th October 1958. 30 candidates after their Aspirancy entered Postulancy here. 33 Candidates entered Aspirancy in July 1959. The first batch Novitiate was begun in 1959  with Rev. Sr. Isabella as the first Novice Mistress. The first Chaplain was Rev. Fr. Augusthy Thamarasserril.
When Novitiate was started, Valakkattukunnu was named as 'Vimalagiri'. From 1959 till 1989 all the stages of the formation was done in Vimalagiri.
The Blessing of the Novitiate house and the Vestition and First Profession of the first batch of the Novices were solemnly celebrated  on 20th April 1960 by His Excellency  Mar Joseph Vayalil Bishop of Pala.